Media Services Coordinator
Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON
Quay Media Services, a division of Corus, has an exciting opportunity for a Media Services Coordinator at our Toronto location. The Media Services Coordinator reports to the Manager, Client Relationships. The Media Services Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of broadcast materials for Quay Media Services broadcast clients.
About The Role
- Act as a liaison between external clients and internal Technology departments.
- Receive and process file material from broadcast clients.
- Log, track, and organize material in shared network folders, and ftp sites.
- Coordinate and organize movement and storage of media files.
- Ensure received materials meet Corus technical specifications.
About the Job
What We Need From You:
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to take initiative and troubleshoot problems in a timely manner.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task to deadlines.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a Broadcast environment.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a Digital Media work environment.
- Understanding of both HD and SD File formats, closed captioning formats.
- Understanding of various encoding technologies including, MPEG, Windows Media, Quick Time.
- Understanding of transcode and rewrap technologies.
- Solid computer skills, PC and MAC.
- Experience with broadcast scheduling systems, including Broadview, Louise, IBMS and/or S4M an asset.
- Knowledge of file server technology an asset.
- Written and oral communication in French an asset.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Adam.MacIntyre@corusent.com by September 4, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.