Global News Delivers Network-wide Alberta Election Coverage With Global News Decision Alberta
More Brands News
March 19, 2019
GLOBAL NEWS DELIVERS NETWORK-WIDE ALBERTA ELECTION COVERAGE WITH
GLOBAL NEWS DECISION ALBERTA
Global News Decision Alberta to Provide Full Election Results and Analysis Province-Wide Across TV, Radio, Online, and Social Media
CALGARY, March 19, 2019 – With the writ officially dropped and the Alberta general election now set for April 16, Global News – the province’s most trusted source for the upcoming election – today announced Global News Decision Alberta, the network’s comprehensive election coverage available on all platforms: TV, radio, online, and social media.
Leading up to, during, and following election night, Global News Decision Alberta is the go-to destination for coverage, providing the full story across television on Global Calgary, Global Edmonton and Global Lethbridge; via radio on Global News Radio 770 CHQR, Global News Radio 880 Edmonton and 630 CHED; online at Globalnews.ca; and on all the aforementioned stations’ social media channels.
“Healthcare, pipelines, the economy: Decision Alberta will establish, and dig deeper into, the real issues that matter to Albertans,” said Kenton Boston, Vice-President News and Information, Western Canada, Corus Entertainment. “On television, on radio, and online, Global News’ dedicated journalists and talk show hosts will deliver the full picture – fact checking, tracking promises, and holding leaders accountable – giving the people of Alberta everything they need to know to make an informed decision come election night.”
Global News Decision Alberta’s robust election coverage will include:
- Full Election Night Coverage: live results, analysis and commentary from Global News personalities, pundits and former politicians – simulcast on TV, radio, Globalnews.ca, and Facebook; live tweeted across all stations’ Twitter accounts
- Leaders’ Debate: broadcast live on TV and radio; livestreamed on Globalnews.ca and Facebook
- Jespersen/Smith Simulcasts: two of Alberta’s top radio hosts Ryan Jespersen (630 CHED) and Danielle Smith (770 CHQR) will co-host regular hour-long broadcasts exploring the biggest stories of the election campaign – simulcast on both stations
- Fact Checker: a dedicated fact-checking team offering regular reporting on TV and online; with weekly radio appearances on the Ryan Jespersen and Danielle Smith shows respectively
- Promise Tracker: a dedicated promise-tracking page on Globalnews.ca, helping Albertans hold parties, and the eventual government, to account
- Election Forums: public election forums in Edmonton and Calgary allowing voters to debate the issues that matter to them live on web and radio, with additional live TV coverage
- Road Shows: live radio and TV broadcasts in communities across the province
- Online Voting Cheat Sheet: profiles for all 87 Alberta ridings, how to vote guide, “find my riding and candidates” tool, and last minute voter’s guide
For more information on Global News’ full Alberta election coverage visit Globalnews.ca.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Twitter: @CorusPR, @GlobalCalgary, @GlobalEdmonton, @GlobalLeth, @770CHQR, @630CHED, @880Edmonton, @globalnews
Facebook: @GlobalCalgary, @GlobalEdmonton, @GlobalLethbridge, @770CHQR, @630CHED, @880Edmonton, @GlobalNews
Instagram: @GlobalCalgary, @GlobalEdmonton, @GlobalLethbridge, @770CHQR, @630CHED, @GlobalNews
Global News is part of the Corus Entertainment Network.
Corus Entertainment Inc. (TSX: CJR.B) is a leading media and content company that creates and delivers high quality brands and content across platforms for audiences around the world. The company’s portfolio of multimedia offerings encompasses 44 specialty television services, 39 radio stations, 15 conventional television stations, a global content business, digital assets, live events, children’s book publishing, animation software, technology and media services. Corus’ roster of premium brands includes Global Television, W Network, OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network Canada, HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY®, Showcase, National Geographic, Q107, CKNW, Fresh Radio, Disney Channel Canada, YTV and Nickelodeon Canada. Visit Corus at www.corusent.com.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Communications, Global News & Corus Radio
Senior Manager, Communications, Global News & Corus Radio