We’re committed to environmental initiatives to ensure a sustainable future through the implementation of green practices at our locations.
Our environmental focus at Corus includes:
- Recycling programs, lighting retrofits and encouraging our offices to purchase sustainable materials
- Environmentally responsible “e-waste” recycling programs to manage electronic waste
- Creating “green stores” where employees can find recycled office supplies
- Reusing glass, flooring, fixtures and furniture from surrendered sites that in turn minimizes on landfill
- Donating lightly-used furniture to wholesale retailers and local charities
- Bike storage facilities to encourage our people to use non-carbon generating forms of transportation
In 2010, Corus Quay initiated the revitalization of Toronto’s Eastern Bayfront area, bringing life, energy and business opportunities to Toronto’s waterfront. As the anchor development for the East Bayfront district, Corus Quay’s strategic design created a collaborative and innovative work environment, as well as an environmentally responsible facility.
Did you know? 35% of all materials associated with the construction and interiors of Corus Quay came from within 800 km of the building, including hemlock which lines the walls of the Atrium. The hemlock was reclaimed from a 1910 ferry terminal wharf in Toronto Harbour.