Q107 Calgary Hosts Radio Marathon for Fort Mac
Corus Radio partnered with NorthStar Ford to raise much needed funds and essential supplies
(Calgary, Alberta) Corus Radio Calgary’s Q107 (CFGQ FM) has partnered with NorthStar Ford auto dealership for a two-day marathon, that brought in overwhelming donations for residents of Fort McMurray. The 29-hour broadcast, hosted Thursday and Friday, by Jeff Brown and Sarah Crosbie from The Jeff and Sarah Show, triggered generous donations of bottled water, truckloads of non-perishable food items, pet food, baby diapers, socks, hand-knit blankets, toiletries, children’s toys and cash donations.
“We are overwhelmed by the support from our Q107 listeners,” says Sarah Crosbie, On-Air Host, Q107 Calgary. “We are proud to help bring the community together during difficult times like these.”
“Once again our Q107 listeners have demonstrated the meaning of #AlbertaStrong,” says Jeff Brown, On-Air Host, Q107 Calgary.
Highlights from the marathon include:
- Newstalk 770 Program Director, John Vos, announced a $10,000 donation from the Calgary Children’s Foundation to a child-focused Fort McMurray charity.
- Jamie Macoun, a member of the 1989 Calgary Flames Stanley Cup championship team, dropped by Q107 to make a donation, inviting other retired NHLers to do the same.
- Q107 was inundated with so many donations that Sean O’Kelly, Owner of Mi-Box, donated a mobile storage unit to keep contributions safe and dry.
- A box of signed Mother’s Day cards and chocolate roses were anonymously donated so displaced moms can have a gift on Sunday.
- Global News Calgary featured the Marathon for Fort Mac on their Wednesday, May 4 evening broadcast, recording multiple live segments from the Q107 studio Thursday morning: http://globalnews.ca/news/2683592/they-just-want-to-help-radio-marathon-for-fort-mcmurray-generates-more-donations/
NorthStar Ford operates Ford auto dealerships in Calgary, Cochrane and Fort McMurray. Owner Marty Giles lost his own Forth McMurray home in the fire and generously donated his own resources to transport the supplies to evacuees and firefighters.
Corus Radio Calgary is owned by Corus Entertainment Inc., a Canadian-based integrated media and content company that creates, broadcasts, licenses and delivers content across a variety of platforms for audiences around the world. The company’s portfolio of multimedia offerings encompasses specialty television and radio with additional assets in television broadcasting, live events, children’s book publishing, children’s animation, animation software, and technology and media services. Corus’ television brands include ABC Spark, Cartoon Network (Canada), CMT (Canada), Cosmopolitan TV, Disney Channel (Canada), Disney Junior, Disney XD, Nickelodeon (Canada), OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network (Canada), Telelatino, TELETOON, Treehouse, W Network, YTV, Historia, La chaîne Disney, Séries+ and TÉLÉTOON. Its 39 radio brands include CKNW AM 980, Rock 101, Country 105, 630 CHED, Fresh Radio, JUMP! 106.9, Q107 and 102.1 the Edge. The company also owns Nelvana, an internationally renowned animation production company, Kids Can Press, Toon Boom and Quay Media Services. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (CJR.B). Experience Corus on the web at https://www.corusent.com.
Follow Corus PR on Twitter @CorusPR
For more information, please contact:
Corus Radio Calgary