New Program Director at AM980 CFPL Last Piece In Plan to Invigorate Stations
(London, ON) Corus Radio is pleased to announce the completion of the planned changes to its four stations in London and Woodstock, Ontario. The announcement of new Program Director Kevin Bernard at AM980 CFPL was the last in a series of adjustments made to the cluster, representing Corus’ significant investment in the London/Woodstock area. Changes include a newly appointed General Manager, new Program Directors and morning shows, a format flip and a rebuild at the Woodstock station. Most recently Program Director of Toronto’s legendary Q107, Dave Farough took over as General Manager of Corus’ London/Woodstock cluster in early August. Dave joined Corus Radio in early 2001 as Program Director of 102.1 the Edge and accepted the Q107 PD position in early 2004. Under his leadership Q107 enjoyed its highest ratings ever, thanks in part to Dave’s focus on talent development, both on and off the air – a philosophy he has brought with him to London. “The people who make up a radio station are vital to both the personality of the station and its effectiveness in serving the community,” said Dave Farough, General Manager, Corus Radio London/Woodstock. “By having one Program Director exclusively dedicated to each station and shuffling the morning shows to fit the formats, we are better able to reflect what’s going on in London and in Woodstock and ultimately better able to serve our listeners.” The new lineup of Program Directors at Corus Radio/London is as follows:
- AM980 CFPL – Kevin Bernard (most recently afternoon news anchor at AM980 and The HAWK)
- 1031 Fresh FM – Julie James (most recently midday host at Mix 99.9 Toronto)
- 103.9 The HAWK – Michelle Dyer (most recently Promotions Director of Toronto’s Q107, and graduate of Corus Radio’s Assistant Program Director training program)
- FM96 – Jim McCourtie (previously Program Director at both FM96 and 1031 Fresh FM, now concentrating solely on FM96)
In mid-August, Corus Radio London/Woodstock rebranded its Energy 103 as The New 1031 Fresh FM, focusing on the best pop music from the ’90s through today. With this change came a morning show shuffle to suit the cluster’s new arrangement. The morning show lineup is now as follows:
- AM980 CFPL – London Mornings with Joe Duchesne, weekdays 5:30 – 10 a.m.
- 1031 Fresh FM – mornings with Big D, Mindy and Gord, weekdays 5:30 – 9 a.m.
- 103.9 The HAWK – Hawk Mornings with Sarge and John, weekdays 5:30 – 10 a.m.
- FM96 – Tucker and Taz in the Morning, weekdays 5:30 – 9:30 a.m.
Rounding out the changes to the cluster are the recently announced technical improvements to the HAWK in Woodstock. Over the next few months, brand new broadcasting equipment will be installed at the HAWK’s on-air studio on Dundas Street in downtown Woodstock, transforming the station into the most up-to-date commercial radio studio in Canada. Station improvements are expected to be complete by November 2005. The cluster will also be hiring a Promotions and Marketing Director responsible for all stations, reporting to the GM. AM980 CFPL, FM96, Fresh 1013 and 103.9 The HAWK are owned by Corus Entertainment, a Canadian-based media and entertainment company. Corus is a market leader in both specialty TV and Radio. Corus also owns Nelvana Limited, an internationally recognized producer and distributor of children’s programming and products. The Company’s other interests include music, television broadcasting and advertising services. A publicly traded company, Corus is listed on the Toronto (CJR.NV.B) and New York (CJR) Exchanges.