Career Opportunity: Writer/Producer (Morning News)
Division: Global Regina
Work Status: Full Time
At Corus, We believe that our people are the cornerstone of our company. Our work environment fosters a collaborative and inclusive culture and encourages a passion for learning. We are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for 2016, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 2015 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2016.
Our powerful combination of media assets position us as an entertainment destination choice for consumers – a proudly Canadian company that nurtures a diverse range of Canadian voices and choices. Our suite of brands encompasses 45 specialty and 15 conventional television channels, 39 radio stations, a global original content business and a growing portfolio of digital assets.
About the Role:
Global Regina has an immediate opening for a Writer/Producer. Reporting to the News Director, the successful candidate will work Monday to Friday and include evenings and weekends, when necessary.
- Produce and write for the Global Regina Morning show.
- Produce, write and post content for online including social media
- Work with our crews in the field to ensure the best possible newscast gets to air.
- Work closely with our production crew to make sure the Morning news goes to air clean, with the best possible content.
- Make quick decisions when it comes to news judgement.
- Keep current with local / national news and provide leadership when deciding how to cover these events in a morning newscast
- Develop contacts and book guests for the show
- Think of ways to keep the show fresh and exciting
- Be a creative, team leader with an overall vision for the show
- Applicants should have a diploma in broadcast television in addition to two years’ experience in a related field.
- Applicants must have strong writing and organizational skills and also be able to work well under pressure
- The successful applicant will be a proven leader that can work cooperatively with others in a teamwork setting.
- Positive attitude.
- Valid Drivers license.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line by January 17, 2019 to email@example.com
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.