Corus Entertainment Kingston has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Videographer with CKWS Television.
Division: CKWS News
Work Status: Full-time, Union Group 5
Location: Kingston, ON
About the Role:
Reporting to the News and Television Operations Manager, you will be responsible for finding, researching, shooting, writing and editing news stories while meeting inflexible daily deadlines. You must have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and highly demanding environment. Strong communication skills, problem solving and an excellent command of written and spoken English are a must. You will file reports digitally, and for The Morning Show on CKWS, CKWS News at Noon, CKWS News at Six and CKWS News at 11 as required.
- Create and pitch new and unique story ideas daily.
- Pursue and produce local news stories of a high quality and standard, daily.
- Perform live and look-live on-camera reports to a high standard.
- Shoot descriptive and interesting video footage to help tell stories visually.
- Write, voice, and edit news stories in a creative, correct and concise manner.
- Establish and maintain a broad network of news contacts throughout the Kingston and surrounding region.
- Update online followers throughout the day through use of social media.
- Upload content to globalnews.ca daily.
- Fill-in Anchor duties as required.
- Evening and weekend shifts will be part of a regular schedule.
What We Need From You:
- At least 3 years previous experience shooting, editing and writing News stories for TV broadcast.
- Understanding of video shooting and editing rules.
- Extensive knowledge of current events in Central Ontario.
- Proven ability to create viable News ideas and turn them into finished stories quickly and consistently.
- The ability to effectively solve problems and trouble-shoot while dealing with the unexpected.
- Proven ability to effectively use creative storytelling for TV News.
- Superior grasp of English writing and grammar rules.
- Valid passport and class “G” driver’s license.
- A University degree is an asset.
- Experience in Radio broadcasting is an asset.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Great story ideas
- A knack for getting tough interviews
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to CorusKingstonCareers@corusent.com by April 6, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.