Career Opportunity: Videographer
Job ID: X050A0GA-A
Division: Global News
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Global News Lethbridge
Global Lethbridge is looking for a full-time Videographer to join our news team. The successful candidate will be required to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, days, evenings, and regular weekend shifts reporting, shooting ENG material, and producing local and network online content. This position reports directly to the Newsroom Manager and works closely with the Digital Journalist.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions and does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- General assignment reporting for Global Lethbridge
- Pitch and execute compelling local content for all platforms including television, radio and online
- Take daily direction from the Global News central assignment hub
- All stories filed must be shot, written and edited by the selected candidate each day as this is a videographer role
- Anchor newscasts as required
- Write, line-up and produce various newscasts as required
- Write news copy for on-air and online, including intros, questions, story leads and bumpers
- Initiate and monitor story development, contacts and maintain quality of production.
- Monitor all news sources, including feeds, wires, and social media.
- Chase breaking news stories – including coordination of interviews and facilitating pictures and video for online coverage
- Communicate breaking or changing news situations with online and show producer
- Assist in the coordination of videographers when necessary
- Meet multiple deadlines to provide video, stills, stories, streaming video and other content for online, social media
- Participate in meetings to identify and plan future online and broadcast events
- Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements
- Perform other duties as required
- This is a Group A position under the current collective agreement.
What We Need From You:
- Degree or diploma in Broadcast Journalism from a recognized institution.
- At least two years experience as a news anchor and videographer
- Proficient knowledge of camera work and how to shoot a story for a newscast
- Experience anchoring and interviewing
- Proven ability to write accurate, concise, creative copy for broadcast and online
- Excelling communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop sources, contacts and research original content.
- Willingness and ability to use digital technology and social media to generate content and develop audience interaction.
- Should be familiar with current state of online news reporting and publishing.
- Familiarity and ease in using Facebook, Twitter and other forms of social media.
- Must have excellent people skills with the ability to work independently, effectively, and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Valid Alberta driver’s license (abstract will be required)
- The successful candidate will be a “plugged-in” multi-tasker with a positive can-do attitude and proven ability to make editorial decisions.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate openness to learning news skills and workflows and clear strategies which will result in the growth of online usage for the Global News network.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 10, 2017. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.