Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Global Montreal
About the Role:
This career notification will serve to inform that a career opportunity exists with Global Montreal in Quebec City. There is for a temporary videojournalist. This position will report to the Managing Editor, Lisa Fiset. The successful candidate will be assigned to shift work and will be required to be on rotation.
Interested applicants should have at least three (3) years experience in camera work and a willingness to shoot and edit stories.
Applicants must be fluent in English and be able to communicate in French as required. Strong organizational skills, initiative, punctuality, creativity, and a positive attitude are also required. Candidates must be able to work under stress to meet tight deadlines.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions and does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Shoot and produce quality visual material for various programs;
- Edit video and audio into quality news, sports and current affairs stories on a digital or machine to machine platform in the newsroom or at remote locations;
- Edit stories in a creative and technically accurate manner;
- Gather information from news source for anchor voice overs and stories;
- Responsible for shooting visuals and providing audio for remote live segments;
- Maintain the camera and editing equipment;
- Playback stories from news edit suites or remote locations;
- Responsible for safely operating and maintaining a company vehicle;
- Transfer feed tapes to edit packs or work reel stories from other news services for use on air or for storage;
- Help maintain a reliable archival system and collaborate with editorial staff in seeking out video archives within the network system
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 22, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.