Are you creative and passionate digital user experiences? Are you driven by new challenges within the changing landscape of digital technology? If you like working in a fast paced environment, across a myriad of platforms and brands, we encourage you to apply.
User Experience Designer
Division: Digital Technology
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Canada
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Digital Creative and Product this role will tackle the Global News platform and concentrate on tasks such as concept maps and models, persona creation, storyboards, wireframes, taxonomies, workflows and design specification. The role demands close collaboration with product manager and developers to take projects from business requirements to general availability. The role has responsibilities for defending design choices using research, heuristics and usability standards, and planning validation activities to ensure the best user experience.
- Selecting, planning and executing the appropriate user research techniques dependent upon the scope of the project
- Analyzing and translating user research into actionable strategies
- Ensure the design of a holistic customer experience in terms of usability standards, creative design and presentation layer development.
- Document detailed designs and interactions, often with working animated examples.
- Plan and execute usability testing.
- Presenting user research in an engaging and compelling manner
- Participating in the product definition process with the Product and Content teams
- Designing, prototyping and evaluating innovative conceptual interactions
- Creating detailed interaction design specifications documentation
- Have the ability to confidently bring new ideas to the team
- Conduct usability testing and analysis of results
- Experience with agile usability and agile methodologies a plus
- Leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Interact with peers in other User Experience groups for consistency of design standards and knowledge sharing of best practices.
What We Need From You:
- At least 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role with a customer focus
- Related post secondary education or commensurate experience
- Knowledge of User Interface Design principles, Human Factors, User-Centered Design Practices
- Excellent knowledge of current web trends
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Clear, organized writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches on tight schedules
- Demonstrated ability to create click through prototypes to test and validate working hypothesis with users.
- Experience working with iterative development methodologies
- Preferred experience with Axure, InVision, Balsamic, Omnigraffle, Visio and MS Visual Studio
- Knowledge of key design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch
- Highly organized and accountable self starter with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 14, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.