Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about TV transmitters and big, bold projects? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will allow you to exercise your inner transmitter guru. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to be part of a major project, we encourage you to apply.
TV Transmitter Engineering Analyst
Work Status: Part-time with benefits
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director, Technology Planning, with direction from the Senior Manager, DTV Projects, you will be responsible for helping to plan and execute the decommissioning of multiple TV transmitters.
- Assist with regulatory filings for submission to Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Prepare internal notifications and public awareness communications, including website updates and OTA notices in coordination with internal Communications and Programming teams
- Responsible for coordination of high-value supply chain assets to the field using a just-in-time approach
- Review all contract inventories for site decommissioning, provide guidance on site and equipment recovery options
- Prepare all finance documentation related to decommissioned assets, assist in disposal or reallocation of assets
- Support Sr. Manager, DTV Projects, with local Corus Quay support for vendor management and bill payment
What We Need From You:
- Specialized knowledge of RF transmission equipment, signal propagation, RF contours and regulatory oversight and process
- Project management experience, ability to orchestrate construction and demolition projects with little oversight
- Comprehension of budgets, vendor sourcing, payment workflows
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A high degree of professionalism and character: collaborative, transparent, motivated, detail oriented, candid, self-starter
- Able to act with purpose to successfully build and execute approved plans
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.