CKWS-TV is looking for a Television Operator to support our daily News broadcasts, and direct our weekend Newscasts.
Television Operator III
Work Status: Part-Time
About the Role
You will report to the Manger, News and Television Operations, and be responsible for supporting a variety of daily live television newscasts. You will aid in gathering the various ready-for-air elements of our shows, and edit fulfilling the responsibilities of Technical Director, Graphics Operator, Studio Camera operator and online editor on a part-time basis.
- Prepare and direct Television broadcasts of a high quality and production value on Weekends, on a regular basis.
- Fill in as Technical Director as needed on weekdays.
- Shoot and edit video for various productions.
- Operate Studio cameras for live and taped Television productions.
- Prepare templates for a number of on-air newscasts using Ross Overdrive.
- Upload video to ckwstv.com daily, and on deadline.
- Perform other duties in support of broadcast and web activities as necessary.
- Prepare and organize original graphics for News and related productions as needed.
What We Need From You:
- A Post-secondary diploma or degree in broadcast operations or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a Broadcast Television environment.
- Experience and proven skills with video and audio editing software.
- Experience and proven skills with Television switching software and hardware.
- Experience and proven skills with on-air graphics equipment and software.
- Proven track record in a team environment.
- Class G driver’s license.
- Experience shooting video for television broadcast is necessary.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Incredible attention to detail
- Fast reflexes
- Top-notch editing skills
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to CorusKingstonCareers@corusent.com by December 4, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.