Global News Radio 770 CHQR
A Corus Entertainment Company
TALK SHOW HOST/Talk Show Producer
Global News Radio 770 CHQR Calgary and 630 CHED Edmonton have an amazing new opportunity for you! We’re looking for a full time Show Host & Show Producer that knows something about everything, never stops thinking about what the next topic and guest should be, is fearless and fun, and always ready to dive into the news of the day.
About the Role:
This on-air and support opportunity will see the successful candidate host The Alberta Morning News broadcast in Calgary and Edmonton (and really across the province of Alberta). We’re looking for an individual that knows ‘how to bring it home’ Saturdays and Sunday mornings- 6am to 9am. This full time gig will also see the candidate be an integral part of our week day talk show line up working as a Talk Show Content Producer. Working at our Calgary location, this Talk Show Host/Producer position is for a personality that is naturally engaging and entertaining and seamlessly interacts with the audience on-air, on-line and on-site. Reporting to the Director of Talk and Talent, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing compelling and entertaining content on all of the radio station’s platforms.
- Be a compelling on-air performer looking for stories about who we are and where we live.
- Know how to be part of everything Alberta (Edmonton and Calgary).
- nderstand community and keen to be ‘out there.’
- Flawlessly push and pull content on all the radio station’s platforms.
- Work collaboratively with the team on programming development
- Work on all Corus properties with a dual focus on radio and collaboration with Global News (TV)
- Be a tireless brand ambassador for 770 CHQR and 630 CHED
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Curiosity dominates your DNA.
- Work independently? No problem. Work with a team? You bet.
- Major market talk show and news experience
- You are urgent & at times irreverent. Context and story relevance drive your on-air performance
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong and solid interviewing skills
- Ability to write for all media platforms.
- Expertise in audio editing. Understanding of WordPress
- Your hallmarks- dynamic, knowledgeable, flexible, thoughtful and act with urgency
- A strong proficiency with Social Media on all platforms
- You are a Podcasting guru
How to Apply:
Interested? Be bold in telling me about you and get my attention! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19, 2019.
*Please include position title in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities