Talk Show Host, Intermediate
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
Talk Radio AM640 is looking for an evening Host (7pm – 10pm) for a new regional talk show serving three Ontario markets. Reporting to the Director of Talk Programming, the successful candidate will be an engaging host responsible for growing the audience in this important time slot on AM640 in Toronto, AM900 CHML in Hamilton, and AM980 in London.
- Host 7pm – 10pm weeknights, providing engaging information, context, and analysis of the day’s big stories
- Book and interview engaging guests relevant to our core audience
- Engage with the audience on TV, radio, and social media – including the possibility of providing weekly online commentaries for 640toronto.com and GlobalNews.ca
- Personal and promotional appearances on behalf of AM640
- Commercial production as required.
What We Need From You:
- At least 5 years previous on-air experience
- Community minded; must be willing to immerse himself/herself into the Toronto market
- Strong news background and awareness of stories impacting our community
- Exceptional interviewing skills
- Excellent show prep
- The ability to thrive in a multi-platform universe
- Compelling on-air presentation and ability to relate to audience through spoken word and phone interaction.
- Must be a team player
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the qualifications please send us a resume and demo reel quoting the job title in the subject line by September 1st, 2017 to Scott Guest at scottg@640Toronto.com
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.