A Corus Entertainment Company
Talk Show Content Producer
About the Role
Global News Radio 770 CHQR has an exciting opportunity for a full time Talk Show Content Producer in our Calgary location. Reporting to the Director of Talk and Talent, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing dynamic, interesting and informative locally focused talk shows. This position will require an individual with an insatiable curiosity for all things. An eagerness to always be asking, ‘what’s our next guest or topic?’ is an expected asset.
- Create an exciting, interesting, informative community minded show
- Have diverse knowledge of all things topical both locally and nationally
- Create and research story ideas
- Develop and maintain news contacts
- On-air responsibilities
- Public appearances as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a major market
- Tenacious approach in convincing guests and news makers to join hosts on-air
- Excellent organizational, communication & interpersonal skills
- News experience, preferably in radio
- Strong and solid interviewing skills
- Ability to write for all media platforms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and national news events
- Expertise in audio editing
- Understanding of WordPress
- Dynamic drive to develop sharable content (audio, Facebook lives)
- Understanding and strengths in New Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and Podcasting
- Creative, energetic, fun, outgoing, positive, friendly manner, team player
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 21, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted