So, you want a great job, with two stations that are growing? That’s fortunate, because we have a spot for a new “cast member” on 101.1 Big FM in Barrie & 95.1 The Peak in Collingwood. If you can answer the following questions with a “YES”, you might just be the right person. Do you like to WIN? Do you like social media? Do you like fun? Do you play well with others? Do you like to work hard? And the deal breaker question, are you ready to be an ambassador for 101.1 Big FM & 95.1 The Peak both on the air & in the community? This is truly an exciting opportunity and the successful candidate will need to bring a lot. You will be responsible for the following:
Work Status: Part-time
Location: Barrie, Ontario
About the Role:
- Creating fun, interesting and topical on air content that is targeted at our audience.
- Be able to handle on air production for other shows when needed.
- Voice Track other shifts with great content both on air and online during the shift.
- Using Social Media to drive listenership.
- Promotional appearances on behalf of 101.1 Big FM & 95.1 The Peak as required
- Ability to fill other day parts during absences, Voice Track shifts and be able to execute a show when needed.
- Be part of our Promotions team to help with events and contesting.
What We Need From You:
- A positive person in our halls that will contribute to a team work environment that will help breed success.
- Someone who can be an ambassador for Big & The Peak in the community at all times.
- At least one year of previous on-air experience
- Strong on-air presentation and ability to relate to our audience through spoken word, phone interaction and Social Media interaction.
- Self-motivation (please bug me all the time about your next great idea)
- Strong knowledge of Social Media on all relevant platforms.
- The ability to work well in a group dynamic.
How to Apply
Interested? Applicants are invited to send a resume with a cover letter and a demo reel that highlights your on air work. I might also ask for in the future for “two hour show scope” a later date. Also, a sample of social media that you are proud of.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume, demo and social media samples by February 25th, 2019 to:
Mark Cameron, Program Director of 101.1 Big FM & 95.1 The Peak
*Please include ‘Swing Announcer Applicant” in the subject line of your email.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.