Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about radio? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity on Y108 for a part-time Swing Announcer in our Hamilton office. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to be part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
Division: Radio, Energy 95.3
Work Status: Casual
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
About the Role:
Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for a minimum of 1 live on-air show per week with a variety of announcer functions including voice tracking, station promotions, vacation coverage and production duties
- Minimum of 1 live on-air shift per week
- Vacation coverage as needed
- Personal and promotional appearances on behalf of Energy 95.3
- Voice tracking as needed
What We Need From You:
- Previous on-air experience, preferably with a Rock format
- Strong on-air presentation and ability to relate to audience through spoken word, phones and online
- Ability to generate ratings
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that enables the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by July 15, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.