Supervising Music Producer
Division: Nelvana Production
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Corus Quay, 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto, ON
About the Role:
This is a full-time position. Reporting to the Director of Production and Post Services, you will be responsible for managing the music services across Nelvana and Corus. You will be required to work in a client heavy, deadline driven, creative environment, as part of a team on various animated productions.
- Responsible for retaining, assigning and managing all composers and related service providers from the freelance and business community
- Provide creative guidance, consistent support to all stages of production
- Administrative responsibilities i.e., music cue sheets, production schedules, contracts, invoices, etc.
- Managing series music budgets for best value and efficiency
- Development and approval of all branded music elements in related merchandise products
- Providing support for the Production Music Libraries, internally and externally across the TV and Radio divisions.
- Supervision of music department, personnel, procedures, show assignments, composer recruitment
- Maintaining relationships with key industry partners and internal stakeholders
What We Need From You:
- A strong music background, including writing, reading, editing, playing and directing talent
- Excellent communication and client service skills in a highly creative environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Pro tools and Nuendo in a MAC environment
- In depth knowledge of series production and post production workflows for animation and live action content
- Ability to deal with confidential materials
- Strong connections in the Canadian Music Industry
- Experience in Animation Production (Kids)
- 10 years of experience working and managing a team within the music production industry
If You Have the Following…. We Want to Hear From You!
- Ability to take direction, work independently, collaborate in teams, and lead initiatives
- Ability to formulate, develop, and provide solutions to complex problems and aggressive delivery schedules
- Ability to evaluate and adapt schedules to meet timeline requirements
- Ability to lead in a creative environment
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 15, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodation s throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.