CORUS RADIO HAMILTON has an exciting casual opportunity within our Promotions Department for outgoing, motivated, professional, flexible, articulate, fun and creative candidates who are extroverted personalities, technically savvy and detail people.
If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Casual
About the Role:
You will be a brand ambassador for all 3-radio stations (AM900 CHML, Y108 and Energy 95.3) in the community at events.
Reporting to the Promotions Coordinator, you will be responsible for all event set-ups, broadcasts/remotes and social media interaction.
- Attend station events and interact with listeners, clients and colleagues.
- Set up station broadcasts through Tie-Line, ISDN lines and remote gear.
- Maximize station’s on-site presence by setting up banners, event signage and remote booth, tent, etc.
- Perform live cut-ins and MC duties from various community events.
- Coordinate pre-event directions and stock prizes and equipment for every event to be attended.
- Conduct contesting opportunities on location.
- Ability to operate control board in master studios.
- Upkeep station vehicles (fuel, cleaning, etc.).
- Represents station at Children’s Fund events
What We Need From You:
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Must have a flexible schedule (available to work Friday to Sunday and possible days during the week), mornings or evenings (given notice)
- Computer knowledge of Window, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Graduated or currently enrolled in a community college broadcast/journalism diploma
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Ability to work well as a team member and independently with minimal supervision.
- Passion for the music we play or a willingness to embrace the formats.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Positive attitude, ability to problem solve and a strong desire to achieve results.
How to Apply
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Olivia.Mackay@corusent.com by June 24, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.