Street Team Member
Division: 91.5 The Beat / 107.5 Dave Rocks
Work Status: Temporary / Casual
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
About the Role
91.5 The Beat/ 107.5 Dave Rocks, Corus Radio Kitchener – has opportunities for temporary, casual employment in our Promotions Department!
Radio experience is not necessarily required – we’re looking for genuine personalities with deep-rooted interests in communication and knowledge to charge the frontlines and champion our station on the street.
We are looking for innovative individuals with strong leadership skills who will take initiative and maintain a strong work ethic.
Are you highly organized, passionate and driven? Can you work well with a team?
This opportunity is for someone who can represent 91.5 The Beat and 107.5 Dave Rocks in a very professional and respectable manner, while focusing their attention and efforts on engagement online, on air and on site. Reporting to the Promotions Director, the successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks at station, sales and community events, including:
- Execute station events and on-site promotions, including set-up of various signage, equipment, and driving branded vehicles
- Proactively engage listeners, clients and the general public
- Assist on-air team, while on location
- Ensure on-site broadcast equipment / gear is functional and clean
- Setup of light and heavy promotional equipment
- On site representation at all of our station events
- Working a variety of shifts, including holidays and weekends
What We Need From You:
- The ability to have fun and laugh in the hallways and on location
- Valid “G” class driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to communicate and identify with our audiences.
- Highly self-motivated, accountable, innovative, punctual and reliable.
- Familiar with Kitchener / Waterloo / Cambridge Region and surrounding area.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that enables the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations.
- Ability to work well as a team member and independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and passion for the brands we play and a willingness to embrace the formats.
- Technical Knowledge is a plus
- Video editing, broadcast remote and signage set-up experience is a plus
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume no later than June 28, 2017 to:
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*Please include “Street Team (Casual)” in the subject line.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
June is Pride Month, a time to celebrate the people in our LGBTQ community here at Corus and in all the communities in which we work every day.
Everyone has a need and a right to be embraced as the unique individuals that they are. This is critical to personal well-being. And at Corus, supporting this need is core to our values.