Sr. Digital Broadcast Journalist/Global News Morning Co-Anchor
You’re an early riser who loves the energy and excitement that comes with working in morning news. You easily transition from serious to fun, have a deep connection to your audiences, and want to give back to your community. You’re also a seasoned journalist with a passion for local news and strong on-air and online skills.
As the co-host of Global News Morning, you’ll be part of a small but mighty team working on the top rated morning program in Halifax. You’ll bring news and weather to our audiences in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, host a variety of interviews, and work with reporters and producers on planning and executing a daily live show. You’ll also contribute to the Global News commitment to support worthy causes in our community through hosting of events and participation in our charitable work.
- Assist in production of Global News Morning.
- Book and conduct interviews, both in studio and in the field.
- Prepare and deliver daily weather forecast.
- Write and proof scripts as required.
- Field report and anchor special news coverage.
- Promote Global News within the region.
- Participate in public appearances when required.
- An outstanding on-air presence.
- Strong editorial skills across multiple platforms, including online and broadcast.
- News judgment
- Time management skills
- Exemplary leadership
- A team-building attitude
- Able to work well within strict deadlines
- A Degree in Journalism or equivalent Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- A minimum of two years anchoring.
- A minimum of three years reporting.
- Proven ability to maintain engaging and energetic on-air presentation.
- Strong news writing skills with an ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable editorial judgment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalMaritimesCareers@corusent.com by July 2, 2019.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.