Corus has an exciting opportunity in our Social Media Centre of Excellence for a Social Strategist. We are seeking someone who is experienced in data driven analysis and developing social media strategies for large scale communities. The ideal candidate has a passion for the media industry and is up to date on all social trends and platforms. This position will report into the Head, Social Media.
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role
The right candidate excels in strategic planning, has excellent verbal and written skills, enjoys working with cross-functional teams, a knack for research, and a strong creative ability.
- Develop best-in-class social media strategies and executions (across paid, owned and earned) for our priority programs and brands, in collaboration with Marketing, Creative, Media, Digital, Sales and Publicity.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop social content.
- A deep understanding of social analytics and KPIs.
- Act as an internal advisor to stakeholders, communicating best practice guidelines, social policies and training.
- Keep abreast of trends in the social space, as well as general cultural, political trends and media events.
- Real-time assessment, measurement and optimization of social performance.
- Assist in the monetization of social content, including branded content.
- Work with external partnerships including Facebook, Twitter and other emerging social platforms to keep up to date with the latest developments on the platform.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large social audiences and driving social performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven social media strategy and execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional thought leadership –can rally several stakeholders around an idea and see it through from inception to execution.
- In-depth knowledge of established and emerging social platforms (and how they can be utilized to the benefit of brand and business).
- Experience in social media planning / buying across paid, earned, and owned channels.
- Experience in Content creation, optimization and adaptation in nimble industry or space
- People leadership experience.
- Experience in media and entertainment industry is a significant asset.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Careers@Corusent.com by June 1, 2017.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.