Corus has an exciting opportunity in our Social Media Centre of Excellence for a Social Strategist. We are seeking someone who is experienced in data driven analysis and developing social media strategies for large scale communities. The Social Strategist has a passion for the media industry and is up to date on all social trends and platforms. This position will report into the Director of Digital and Social, Lifestyle.
Work Status: Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role:
Reporting to the Director of Digital and Social, Lifestyle, you will develop best-in-class social media strategies and executions (across paid, owned and earned) for a leading youth culture lifestyle brand, Complex Networks. The ideal candidate is immersed in Youth Culture, including Music, Fashion, TV, Pop Culture News and Sports. You know what meme formats are trending and can quickly adapt them to our brands. You have a passion for media, content and social, and enjoy creating, building and being part of a dynamic team and industry.
Duties also include collaborating with stakeholders to gain alignment, develop creative and execute campaigns. You will also act as an advisor to stakeholders, communicating best practice guidelines, social policies and training. You will also be required to advise on the impact of developments, trends, and new platforms in social media and how they inform our social marketing and content creation efforts.
The right candidate will have excellent verbal and writing, time management and meticulous organization skills. As well as a knack for research, a sharp wit, project management experience, the ability to work with cross-functional teams, and a willingness to work during nonstandard business hours. They must know and execute the best practices for copy writing, content creation, time to post, and customer service.
- Develop best-in-class social media strategies and executions (across paid, owned and earned) for our priority programs and brands, in collaboration with other brand stakeholders.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop creative and execute campaigns according to our KPIs, strategies and monetization goals.
- Act as an advisor to stakeholders, communicating best practice guidelines, social policies and training.
- Advise on the impact of developments, trends, and new platforms in social media and how they inform our social marketing efforts.
- Assist in the monetization of social content, including branded content and platform revenue.
- Work with external partnerships including Facebook, Twitter and other emerging social platforms to keep up to date with the latest developments on the platform.
- Build our communities, create fandom and drive engagement & conversation with our brands.
- Manage and execute social strategy across social platforms.
- Develop and manage the social content calendar and community manage across all socials.
- Content creation, including light video editing and production.
- Real-time assessment, measurement and optimization of social performance.
- Real-time optimization of content.
- Research and proactively recommend ideas and new content for our brands.
- Compose witty, on trend creative copywriting to engage audiences.
- Deep understanding of data and social analytics.
What We Need From You:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing large social communities and driving social performance, preferably in entertainment
- Demonstrated expertise in data-driven social media strategy and execution
- Experience in social media planning / buying across paid, earned, and owned channels
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional thought leadership – can rally several stakeholders around an idea and see it through from inception to execution
- In-depth knowledge of established and emerging social platforms (and how they can be utilized to the benefit of brand and business)
- Experience in content creation, optimization and adaptation in nimble industry
- Ability to manage and work closely with producers and digital editors
- Experience in media and entertainment industry is a significant asset
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Experience managing multiple, large social audiences
- Deep understanding of social data, digital and social analytics, and a 10,000 ft view of the social landscape.
- Previous experience with paid social
- Visual media experience a plus (photography, videography)
- A passion for television and social media
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Darcy.MacNeil@corusent.com by June 24th, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGBTQ+ proud.