Toon Boom Animation Inc., a Corus Entertainment Inc. company, is a worldwide leader in digital content and animation creation, delivering software products and services to a global community of animation studios, gaming studios, educational institutions, individual professionals and amateurs, and many other markets.
Senior Solutions Specialist
Division: Toon Boom
Work Status: Full Time
Number of Vacancies: Two
About the Role
Toon Boom Animation, the worldwide leader in animation software solutions, is currently seeking an exceptional Solutions Specialist to join its Professional Services team. The position involves demonstrating and providing remote training for all Toon Boom software as well as studio pipeline consulting and customer work evaluation. Most importantly, the position involves travel to provide on-site training to Toon Boom customers around the world, occasionally being away for multiple weeks. The Solutions Specialist will work in collaboration with the Marketing, Sales, and R&D teams to improve the quality, performance, presentation and usage of our products. The position reports directly to the Professional Services manager.
- Provide on-site and remote training to Toon Boom customer around the world
- Perform events, groups, and one-on-one product demonstrations to support Sales personnel and distributors
- Provide consulting to new and existing studios regarding pipelines, roles, and processes
- Consult with the Professional Services team to create consistent and efficient training and demo material
- Create interesting, high-quality animations and storyboards using Toon Boom solutions to promote new features, assist Marketing initiatives, feed the Training team and provide e-learning material summarizing the features and benefits of the product
- Generate high-quality training videos explaining the different products’ features in a language and visual manner suited to various targeted markets (professional, educational, etc.)
- Create sample tests and assets conversion for potential and existing customer to assist the Sales team
- Working with Sales team, assist existing customers with production needs, including rig evaluations and animation tests
- Stay up to date on the latest technology, software, and techniques related to animation, video editing, and multimedia
What We Need From You:
- University degree or college diploma in animation
- Five years of experience (minimum) working as an animator and/or rigging artist
- Excellent animation and drawing skills
- Excellent knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony and Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
- Excellent knowledge of the traditional, paperless, and advanced cut-out animation workflow
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS5 or greater (Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash) and Microsoft Office, an asset
- Ability to travel more than 50% of the time – with work travel experience a strong asset
- Self-Driven; Ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills in PC and Mac environments
- Proficient (spoken and written) in English and French, with other languages a strong asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn a wide array of software and technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and respect tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team and share constructive input
- Instructional Design skills, an asset
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27, 2018.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.