Senior Digital Broadcast Journalist/Anchor
Division: Global Halifax
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Halifax, NS
About the Role
You’re a seasoned journalist with a passion for local news with strong on-air and online skills. In this role, you’re critical member of our editorial team, contributing to the gathering of daily news through longer form interviews, online content, enterprise stories and live coverage.
You’re actively participating in the production of our 6pm newscasts, working with producers and reporters, writing and proofing content. You’ll bring the daily news to our viewers at 6pm for Halifax and New Brunswick, and contribute to the Global News commitment to supporting worthy causes in our community through hosting of events and participation in our charitable work.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Strong on-air presentation;
- Demonstrate strong editorial skills across multiple platforms, including online and broadcast;
- Initiate and develop story ideas through contact development, research and interviews;
- Write and edit content for online and broadcast;
- Actively contribute content to social media;
- Chase and produce reports for online and broadcast;
- Chase guests for in-depth TV and online interviews;
- Other duties as required;
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in journalism, radio/television broadcasting or equivalent;
- Minimum five years’ experience in television news reporting;
- Strong news judgment and writing abilities;
- Ability to go live from the field with strong presentation skills and clarity;
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a deadline-driven workplace, with minimal supervision;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Experienced camera and editing skills an asset;
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows;
- Command of social media platforms;
- Familiarity with current state of online news reporting and where it’s headed;
- Must be proficient in creating, curating and developing content using digital operating systems for multiple platforms.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalMaritimesCareers@corusent.com by April 6, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.