Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about accounting? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will challenge you. We’re one of the world’s leading international producers and distributors of children’s animated content. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join our dynamic and innovative team, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About the Role:
We are looking for an Senior Accountant to join our content finance team to assist in financial reporting and reconciliation duties. You must have a high attention to detail and will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records accounts receivable, accrual liability (commission) and revenue entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Prepares schedules for Tax calculation.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Prepares Report for Statistics Canada
What We Need From You:
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- In the final stages of completing an accounting designation or already obtained
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- A focused, detail oriented approach to completing tasks with good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Experience with Dynamics GP and/or Jaguar would be advantageous
- Experience with MR reporting and Adaptive would be advantageous
- Experience with development of financial reports an asset
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.