Are you creative, detail-focused and passionate about projects, technology and entertainment? Corus Entertainment has a new opportunity for you to prove and enhance your skills in an exciting and dynamic industry. If you are interested in joining one of Canada’s leading media technology teams and working on best-in-class products we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full-time
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master to join the Corus Project Management Office (Corus PMO). Reporting to the Manager, Digital Projects, the successful candidate will be accountable for supporting our product owners and business teams and developing high-performing agile teams to deliver best-in-class products.
- Coaches and supports teams in becoming high-performing and self-organizing, delivering high-value business features to our customers
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, planning, backlog refinement, retrospectives and customer journey/story mapping)
- Removing impediments to the team’s progress to its sprint commitments
- Manage an assigned portfolio of digital projects on a day-to-day basis
- Prepare and lead project communication including sprint reporting and product updates
- Work closely with the product owner, internal and external stakeholders to ensure all dependencies are understood and obstacles are removed so teams are high performing and working without limitation
- Keep track of delivery pacing through on-going product release planning, ensuring the team is delivering on committed sprint work at a consistent and sustainable pace
- Supporting creative techniques for effective Product Backlog prioritization and long-term product planning
- Create an open environment for communicating and collaborating on business vision, goals, project backlog features for the team and stakeholders
- Coach and help lead organizational change in an environment where agile is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Encourage team autonomy, aware when you’ll need to step in and when you’ll need to step back
- Champion of sustainable, scalable technology solutions delivered with quality — balancing the technical needs with the business needs
- Cultivate a learning mindset so that processes are continuously examined, refined and changed when necessary
- Continue professional learning and improvement of agile skills while working closely with your Manager and Scrum Master colleagues to improve overall Project Management Office performance and delivery
What we need from you:
- You are a champion of the Agile methodologies with a track record of building and mentoring high-performing teams to deliver best-in-class products.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Must have experience launching new agile teams and being a change-agent, fostering a culture of agile across organizations
- Master of people dynamics and will empower teams to do their best work in a culture of trust, openness, respect and commitment
- First-rate communication skills: You are an active listener, speak with clarity and can facilitate with ease
- You understand that the most successful products are built by teams not just one person
- Proven experience applying a variety of Agile delivery methodologies and practices (i.e. Scrum, Lean Software Development, Kanban, SAFe)
- Have experience working with remote and distributed teams
- A technical background or deep understanding of software development
- Well versed in working with the following tools: JIRA, general Project Management and Collaboration tools
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder relationship management
- Scrum Master Certified (CSM)
- Scaled SAFe Certified considered a plus
- A post-secondary degree or certificate
- Excited about collaborating in creative environments and working towards achieving shared business goals
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to PMOjobs@corusent.com by Friday, April 12, 2019.Please clearly identify the Job Title in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.