Sales Coordinator – One Year Contract
Corus Entertainment Vancouver
This notification will serve to inform that a career opportunity exists at Corus Vancouver. The Sales Department is looking for a Sales Coordinator to work Full Time on a temporary basis – to backfill a maternity leave.
Sales Coordinator (Temporary)
Job ID: 19-XXX
Division: Global BC
Work Status: Fulltime – Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC
About the Role:
This is a contract position for a one year maternity leave. This position will report to the Director, Local Sales, BC. The incumbent will be working with the Account Manager and clients to administer booked business and maintain revenue from initial buy to on-air presentation. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to help support our “Win Together” value, we encourage you to apply.
As a Sales Coordinator, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Provide training and mentoring for coordinators where required;
- Handle online proposals, bookings and tracking;
- Generate post-analysis reports;
- Maintain contracts and communicate with clients when adding, shifting, deleting, and converting inventory as well as dealing with open and closed pre-emptions;
- Liaise with internal departments (Marketing/Promotions, Operations, Revenue Management, Inventory Management, etc.,) to ensure campaigns are executed accurately and correctly;
- Assist the team to achieve and exceed annual, quarterly and weekly sales targets;
- Forward correct campaigns to new seasonal estimates.
What We Need From You:
- Experience working with advertising agencies and television station traffic departments;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times;
- Work well under pressure with attention to details;
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office being a prerequisite;
- Effective time management skills;
- Customer Service oriented;
- Team Player.
This is a Group 2 position under the current collective agreement.
Any employee who believes she/he is qualified, and who has an interest in this career opportunity should inform her/his manager in writing of such interest. The Manager will advise the applicant as to the process to be followed. Applicants from other stations should be aware that this position will be filled on a new-hire basis. Our employees, by way of a job posting, have been made aware that this career opportunity exists.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line. Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements and must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.