Career Opportunity: Reporter/Anchor (Morning News)
Division: Global Regina
Work Status: Full Time
At Corus, We believe that our people are the cornerstone of our company. Our work environment fosters a collaborative and inclusive culture and encourages a passion for learning. We are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for 2016, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 2015 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2016.
Our powerful combination of media assets position us as an entertainment destination choice for consumers – a proudly Canadian company that nurtures a diverse range of Canadian voices and choices. Our suite of brands encompasses 45 specialty and 15 conventional television channels, 39 radio stations, a global original content business and a growing portfolio of digital assets.
About the Role
Global Regina has an immediate opening for a Reporter/Anchor (Morning News). Reporting to the New Director, the successful candidate will work Monday to Friday and include evenings and weekends, when necessary.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Present stories with a high degree of competence and clarity.
- Identify, source, and create stories of key interest to news audiences province-wide.
- Communicate effectively with other markets to facilitate requests and interviews
- Have a strong and proven on-air presentation, including live remotes, in-studio interviews and unscripted material.
- Available to work a variety of shifts in writing, reporting and anchoring roles.
- Possess comprehensive social media and online skills.
- Participate in Global Regina promotional & community activities and events.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A post-secondary diploma, certificate or equivalent, in a broadcasting or related field
- A minimum of 3 years on-air experience in a medium or large market newsroom.
- Strong on-air presentation skills with an emphasis on live, interview and unscripted material
- Effective writing skills.
- Reliable, punctual, and ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to engage and inform viewers on-line and through social media.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter, quoting the job title in the subject line by September 1, 2017 to GlobalReginaCareers@corusent.com
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.