Division: Radio, 680 CJOB
Work Status: Full-time
Number of Vacancies – 2
Are you a creative, curious person who is passionate about the news? Do you enjoy working on a dynamic team of people committed to serving the community with information and conversation? 680 CJOB has an exciting opportunity for a full-time reporter in our Winnipeg location.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the successful candidate will be responsible for compiling and presenting news on Corus platforms in Winnipeg.
About the Role
- Daily reporting on news and community events from the field and the newsroom
- Tell good stories on multiple platforms
- Generate story ideas on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain news contacts for interviews and information
- Utilize new technology and social media on a daily basis to provide audio, video and stills for online, social media, and broadcast
- Perform other duties as required
What We Need From You:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
- Experienced Journalist capable of reporting and anchoring daily news
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to go live from the field with strong presentation skills and clarity
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc), and related applications
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows
- Familiarity with current state of multiplatform news reporting and where it’s headed
- Be able to meet strict daily deadlines, and work co-operatively with others in a team setting
- Able to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Ability to work independently; accountable to the team and trustworthy
- Must also work well under pressure, possess a desire to be the best, have a positive can-do attitude
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- A passion for journalism and the events that shape our communities, country and world
- A positive attitude, a curious nature, and a desire to excel as part of team
- The ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic and creative environment
- Motivated self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by August 16, 2017 to:
Please clearly identify the job title in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.