JOB ID: PGCI40I
A Corus Entertainment Company
REPORTER, INTERMEDIATE (TRAFFIC)
680 CJOB has an exciting opportunity for a Reporter, Intermediate (Traffic) in our Winnipeg location. Reporting to the News and Brand Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for compiling and presenting traffic information. There is potential for this position to be one full-time position or two-part time positions.
- Compile continuously updated information on traffic patterns and disruptions
- Deliver live and/or taped traffic reports to news outlet during morning and evening rush hours and during special events or off-hour emergencies by request
- Write a weekly blog on traffic issues in Winnipeg
- Must be able to work a split shift
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to ad-lib and give clear concise traffic details
- Strong knowledge of Winnipeg and area streets / highways
- Ability to interact with show hosts
- Ability to interact with traffic spotters
- Social media savvy
- Experience with Burli
- Experience reporting on traffic in Winnipeg preferred
- Qualified license and the ability to drive company vehicles
- Graduate of a recognized post-secondary broadcast education program
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume by October 22, 2015 to:
News Director | Brand Director
*Please include ‘Reporter, Intermediate (Traffic)’ in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.