Are you a seasoned journalist with broadcast anchor experience? Do you have a passion and knowledge for Montreal culture and politics? The Global News team is looking for a Reporter/Anchor for Global News Morning.
Reporter/Anchor – Global News Morning
Job ID: 11645
Division: Global News
Work Status: One year maternity leave replacement
About the Role:
Global Montreal has an immediate opening for a Reporter/Anchor. It is a one year maternity leave replacement in the News Department, Global News Morning Montreal, reporting directly to the News Director/Station Manager.
- Produce own stories;
- Conducts interviews, in studio or in the field;
- Anchor and write the show;
- Assign field crew to stories;
- Responsible for the editorial production of news program;
- Responsible for supervising and creating news;
- Coordinate the packaging of headlines;
- Initiate and develop story and features ideas through contact development, research and interviews;
- Write intros, scripts and produce stories in the field;
- Produce own on-camera reports;
- Produce live reports;
- File stories to the web and other platforms as required
- Maintain a social media presence as outlined by the show’s Senior Producer and the News Director
- Other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and French;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience broadcast news experience including anchoring;
- University degree in communications or equivalent;
- Proven ability to adapt, conduct interviews, and perform in a live environment, as well as a thorough knowledge of the Quebec political scene and current affairs;
- Working knowledge of how major news organizations are employing a wide range of digital platforms and formats;
- Good command of newsroom software (ENPS) and Microsoft Outlook as well as Internet research skills
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technology and workflows as well as a willingness to learn new online skills in a multi-faceted digital news operation;
- The ability to write/produce web, text and manage content through social-media;
- Experience in updating online and broadcast content with a content management system.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 30, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.