Reporter, Full Time
Are you a creative, curious person who is passionate about the news? Do you enjoy working on a dynamic team of people committed to serving the community with information and conversation? Global News Radio – 680 CJOB has an exciting opportunity for a full-time reporter in our Winnipeg location.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the successful candidate will be responsible for compiling and presenting news, sports and weather on multiple Corus platforms in Winnipeg.
About the Role:
- Daily multimedia reporting on news and community events from the field and the newsroom
- Tell good people-centered stories on multiple platforms including radio, digital and social media
- Generate original and relevant story ideas on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain news contacts for interviews and information
- Utilize new technology and social media daily to provide audio, video and stills for online, social media, and broadcast
- Communicate ideas and information with colleagues at Corus Winnipeg using technologies like Slack
- Embrace and demonstrate Corus Entertainment’s five values
- Perform other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
- Experienced journalist capable of reporting and anchoring daily news across multiple platforms
- Strong knowledge of media tools used to gather audio, video and still pictures
- Strong writing and storytelling skills on both radio and online
- Ability to go live from the field with strong presentation skills and clarity
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and workflows
- Familiarity with current state of multiplatform news reporting and where it’s headed
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines and work cooperatively with others in a team setting
- Must work well under pressure, be a self-starter, and have a positive can-do attitude
- Demonstrable ability to work with others to think beyond, win together, and make it happen
- Possess a desire to learn every day in a business that is rapidly changing
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Slack, etc.) and related applications
- Familiarity with digital CMS platforms and CP style
- Familiarity with Burli an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Able to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
If you have the following, we want to hear from you!
Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs.
A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and are a team player.
Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by March 22, 2019 to:
Please clearly identify the job title in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.