Are you passionate about the radio industry and looking to join an innovative news organization? Corus Entertainment is looking for a full-time reporter for an 18-month maternity leave contract in our London office. If you’re energetic, an accomplished storyteller, and would like to join our team of journalists at 980 CFPL, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full Time/Temporary
Location: London, ON
About the Role:
Based in London, Ontario and reporting to the Program Director, you will be responsible for covering stories, including breaking news, for Global News Radio 980 CFPL with the goal of generating compelling, original multimedia journalism.
- Research and develop original news stories
- Generate online content for station website, as well as social media feeds
- Utilize new technology on a daily basis to provide video in addition to audio.
- Strong on-air presentation with the ability to go live when needed.
- Conduct telephone interviews and research stories as needed.
- Write, compile and deliver live newscasts on occasion
- Assignments will involve working weekdays, but may include occasional weekend reporting as required.
- Attend various community and radio-station related events
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Strong, confident and natural delivery on air
- Passion for telling stories
- Ability to write news stories in a clear, concise and creative manner
- Must be extremely motivated and willing to work as part of a team. No egos.
- Ability to produce online content and experience with social media
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Good people skills
- Experience with Burli and WordPress would be an asset.
- Broadcast Journalism Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline
- Valid Drivers’ License
- Strong references
How to Apply:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than Feb 25, 2019
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.