Are you a creative, curious person who is passionate about the news? Do you enjoy working on a dynamic team of people committed to serving the community with information and conversation? Global News Radio – 680 CJOB has an exciting opportunity for a full-time reporter in our Winnipeg location.
Division: Global News Radio
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
About the Role
Global News Radio is currently seeking a full-time Digital Broadcast Journalist to join their team. Reporting to the Executive Producer, the successful candidate will be responsible for compiling and presenting news, sports and weather on multiple Corus platforms in Winnipeg.
- Daily reporting on news and community events from the field and the newsroom
- Tell good people-centered stories on radio, cjob.com and social media
- Generate original and relevant story ideas on a daily basis
- Develop and maintain news contacts for interviews and information
- Utilize new technology and social media on a daily basis to provide audio, video and stills for online, social media, and broadcast
- Embrace and demonstrate Corus Entertainment’s five values
- Perform other duties as required
What We Need From You!
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
- Experienced journalist capable of reporting and anchoring daily news
- Strong writing and storytelling skills on both radio and online
- Ability to go live from the field with strong presentation skills and clarity
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing technologies and workflows
- Familiarity with current state of multiplatform news reporting and where it’s headed
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines and work cooperatively with others in a team setting
- Must work well under pressure, be a self-starter, and have a positive can-do attitude
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and related applications
- Familiarity with WordPress and CP style an asset
- Familiarity with Burli an asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clear driving record
- Able to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and are a team player
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by October 3rd 2018 to Kim Lawson, Executive Producer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please clearly identify the job title in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.