Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. We have an exciting opportunity for a QA Analyst role, at our Global News Toronto location.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Work Status: Full-Time
Location: Global News- 81 Barber Greene Rd, Toronto
About the Role
The ideal candidate will be joining a collaborative scrum team tasked with the maintenance of our current web/ mobile properties and building for the future.
- Mobile and web application testing
- Create, execute and/or maintain manual/automated test suites
- Provide testing estimates based on specifications and acceptance criteria
- Ensure product defects are logged in defect tracking software
- Merge and approve developer pull requests
- Manage the deployment of new features into production
What We Need From You:
- Post secondary degree in Computer Science, Design, Multimedia or demonstrated industry hands-on experience
- Strong portfolio with at least 3 yrs of experience in testing web / mobile applications, client-server applications, and web interfaces
- Ability to stay detail-oriented in a fast-paced setting
- Excellent trouble shooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Interactive/New Media technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, Media Streaming (Audio / Video) and current web standards
- Expertise with the following technologies or tools:
- Load testing tools like JMeter, Loader.io
- Debugging tools like Charle’s Proxy, fiddler
- Github/ Builder, etc
- Web Accessibility Standards
- Familiarity with following technologies and practices:
- WordPress CMS
- SCRUM (Agile Practices)
- Amazon S3-Deployment workflow
- Working knowledge in the following areas are a definite asset:
- Test Rail or any test management tool
- Video streaming + video on demand
- Ad Integration (DFP, GPT)
- Metrics (Omniture/Krux/ComScore)
- Google Analytics
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, prioritizing and organizing as needed to maximize productivity
- Experience working with public facing, high-availability, mission-critical applications
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the Web
- Ability to work well both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a wide variety of individuals
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 28, 2017 and include the title in the subject line of your email.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.