Promotions/Community Relations Coordinator
Location: Global Halifax
About the Role:
You’re creative, dynamic and passionate about our city and our region, and the power of media. You like to build new relationships and support the community. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work with a powerful television brand, Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity that will inspire you. We encourage you to apply.
This position will report to the News Director and Station Manager, but you’ll be connected to a team of promotional and marketing pros right across the Corus Entertainment network.
- Community Sponsorships – Negotiate media sponsorships to support local initiatives while expanding the Corus/Global News brand in Halifax and NB. You’ll take the lead in coordination of those community sponsorships, including writing, presenting and fulfilling sponsorship commitments, hosting meetings with community groups, making the most of signage and on-site promotional opportunities, and maintaining of our community partner webpage. This position will coordinate and respond to community requests for on-air personality appearances and requests for donation items. In your Community Relations role, you are Global Halifax’s face in the community and you’ll have the opportunity to sit on committees, participate in media events and attend luncheons/dinners/events. You’ll report on some of our community events for both television and online. In other instances, you’ll work with our newsroom to ensure coverage of our events and follow through on booking guests, etc.
- Promotions – Conceptualize, write and produce high quality, engaging promotional campaigns for Global News in Halifax and NB. This includes fall and spring campaigns, topicals and community productions as needed, for broadcast, online and social media. You’ll also publish online promotional content and social media content, coordinate promotional merchandise orders for prizing and special events, and coordinate internal station events and activities. You’ll work with our sales team to help facilitate giveaways, ensuring that all rules and regulations established by our legal team are followed.
What We Need From You:
- Creative thinking, writing and presentation skills
- Lots of energy, and driven to constantly come up with new ideas to build our brand
- Strong social media skills on a variety of platforms
- Experience using website publishing tools
- Ability to multi-task
- The desire and ability to build lasting relationships with co-workers, clients and community partners
- Ability to work under pressure, formulate, implement and complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail; organized and excellent time management skills
- Flexible availability for after-hours events
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or equivalent with 2-3 years promotions and/or new media experience
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress and social media platforms
- Media relations experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift/carry 40lbs
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalMaritimesCareers@corusent.com by March 21, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.