Work Status: Part-time – 15 Hours/Week – September to April // 35 Hours/Week – May to August
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Do you have a positive attitude and the passion to be a star – on-air, on-line and on-the-street? Do you have the desire to be one of the best radio hosts in the industry? If so, we’d like to hear from you today.
Send us your resume and very best demo!
Yes, we’ll require references, your social media links and a little bit about why you are “the one”. Please know that we’ll assume you are hardworking, dedicated, etc. What we really want to know is why you require a little more thought than the other talented candidates. What is it that sets you apart?
About the Role
101.5 The WOLF, CHEX Peterborough and 100.5 FRESH Radio have a great opportunity within our Promotions Department for a part-time Promotions Assistant including 2018 “Summer Cruiser Events Personality” duties. Our preferred candidate will be a social media savvy individual who is energetic, community-oriented and enjoys interacting with people at local events, fundraisers and festivals. A self-starter who is not only approachable but comfortable with approaching others in a welcoming fashion. A naturally curious personality who is sincerely interested in learning about our listeners and brands.
We are looking for someone who has a great smile and loves to share it every day. Someone who is personable and outgoing. Someone who is passionate about meeting new people and sharing the story of our people and brands. Someone who is mature, a “creative thinker”, good problem solver and well-organized. Someone who lives and breathes social media but knows when to ‘look up’ from your phone.
- A positive ambassador for our radio stations/television station at all assigned station/public events
- Promote our radio stations, websites, social media, summer cruiser program and client sponsors
- Have a passion for the music we play and/or a willingness to embrace the formats
- On-site set-up/station representation at assigned station, community and charitable events
- Keep the station vehicle clean presentable at all times throughout the year
- Ensure promotional and technical equipment is treated with care / protected from damage
- Evening and weekend work is absolutely expected and required – including statutory holidays
- Co-manage the Summer Cruiser program with the Promotions Director/Program Director
- Summer cruiser sponsored client visits/remote cut-ins
- Station website content/social media contributions, graphic design and live video recording/editing
- Prize solicitation/tracking/fulfillment and reception duties
What We Need From You:
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Must have a “clean” driving record – no infractions or convictions
- Must be able to provide an acceptable “Driver’s Abstract” upon request
- Ability to speak the English language clearly with expression and confidence (on and off the air)
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to use social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Proficient in MS Word, Photoshop, Excel, Powerpoint, Illustrator, iMovie, Socast platform and basic web-site maintenance an asset
- Must have a positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2017.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.