Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about TV? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity in our Toronto office for a Programming Coordinator to join the drama programming team. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to be a part of an exciting team, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full Time
Location: 25 Dockside Drive, Toronto
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manger, Programming, you will be responsible for supporting the drama programming team.
- Provide assistance to Director and Manager of Specialty Content with strategic scheduling and program planning
- Support Director and Manager with financial budgeting and tracking
- Responsible for ordering programs as part of the program license agreements
- Manage cost and play allocation with internal stakeholders
- Point of contact for Sales for programming opportunities
- Maintain master viewer advisories list, while working closely with Program Schedulers and Traffic on any updates to disclaimers and v-chips
- Plan movie schedules for channels where applicable
- Prepare presentations as needed
- Monitor and track industry trades
- Responsible for general administrative duties and special projects as needed
What We Need From You:
- Post-secondary degree (university or college)
- Previous experience working within the broadcast industry
- Fluency in S4M or broadcast management system
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of CRTC regulations
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong professional team player with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- A passion for television and programming
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Excellent problem solving skills, sound judgement
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Detail oriented
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 12 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.