Program Rights Administrator
Work Status: Contract (7 months, ending July 2019)
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
Corus Entertainment is hiring 2 Contract positions on the Program Rights Administration Team, who will be involved in the daily operations and functions on the Rights Administration Team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Rights Administration, you will work closely within the Rights Admin Team but also with Program Acquisitions, Program Scheduling, Original Content, Legal and Program Finance Teams. You will be the initial point person and responsible for inputting all program metadata and programs rights related within a legal licensed agreement into existing database systems.
You will be working on:
- Establishing and inputting all program asset metadata and program rights information from licensed documents into Corus’ Linear database systems (IBMS & S4M) and Non-Linear database systems (Access & Avatega).
- Recording and validating contract license fees in accordance with Corus’ financial policies and system rules.
- Updating and reconciling contracts in each system to reflect contract amendments and revisions when applicable.
- Supporting the scheduling team to administer shared programming among channels, including logging, transferring and valuing internal program transfers and policies.
- Communicating changes to Representatives of the Program Finance and Scheduling teams.
- Other duties, as requested
You’re an ideal candidate if you have:
- 1-3 years database management experience in a legal or broadcast industry; experience within a broadcast company.
- Experience reading, analyzing and summarizing legal contracts and or binding documentations.
- Experience in basic accounting and policies.
- A proven ability to meet deadlines and timelines on a daily, monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Superior analytic, problem solving and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills and comfort communicating with employees throughout the departments and organization.
- Strong Microsoft Office and MS Excel skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume by December, 21 2018 to:
Corus Entertainment Inc.
Please specify the title of the position for which you’re applying, in the subject line of your correspondence. No phone calls please. We will contact only those applicants whom we wish to interview.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.