Corus Entertainment is Canada’s leading pure-play media company and was recently named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
Our Unscripted Original Content department is currently seeking a dynamic, innovative and creative individual to join our team as a development-based Production Executive. The role’s primary focus will be to generate and develop original content ideas for our Corus Studios division concentrating on lifestyle content for Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada and Slice, together with taking pitches and developing ideas with the independent production community across all our unscripted brands. The successful candidate will also be called on to oversee a slate of original series across all unscripted networks.
Production Development Executive
Division: Original Content
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role
The ideal candidate shall:
- Develop Unscripted Content with strong focus on Lifestyle
- Create Original ideas that will resonate with both domestic and international markets
- Seek out new talent, trends and series opportunities
- Be responsible for managing a slate of original linear and digital content – managing all aspects so that creative excellence is ensured and that all series are on brand and on budget
- Be a ‘blue-sky’ thinker who is results-oriented with a strong understanding of new and future trends, including developments and initiatives in linear, social media and online content
- Have strong knowledge of the competitive landscape in linear, OTT, digital and social content
- Be a strong team player with a proven track record of developing and executing successful series
- Have strong relationships within the independent production community
- Work with Corus divisions to source talent and expand our talents’ reach to other platforms
- Have an excellent working knowledge of budgets and production costs
In this role you will be responsible for:
- The Development of New Series and Sourcing New Talent
- Creating Original Concepts and projects to enhance the strategic directive of ‘Own More Content’
- Understanding the strategies and direction for programming success
- Meeting with independent producers to hear pitches and submissions – review submissions with team
- Ensuring that content is of the highest quality, on time and on budget
- Assisting Manager in facilitating Post Mortems, Internal Brainstorms and Submission process
- Overseeing a slate of Original Content with 360-degree strategy in a Production Executive capacity
- Liaising between production community and internal departments (Sales, Marketing, Publicity, Brand Teams, etc.) as it relates to the projects being managed; spearheading stakeholder meetings
- Assisting the Director and Manager in gathering information and documents for the legal process
- Managing the deliverables for their assigned series
- Working with Director, Manager and Business Affairs teams to set cash flow and drawdowns on series
- Ensuring deliverables are received and invoices are processed with the Coordinator
- Ensuring communication on status of all aspect of the project is relayed to the Director and Manager
- Creating content that can be monetized – i.e., branded integrations to increase ROI
- Working with Production community to create sizzle reels, overviews, etc. to assist Publicity and Corus’ Distribution arm
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to Krista Look, Director of Original Lifestyle Content, at email@example.com by January 24, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those advancing in the process will be contacted.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.