Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about lifestyle television? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity that will get you thinking about what gets people talking in the morning. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join a creative team, we encourage you to apply.
Producer – The Morning Show, Global Television
Work Status: Full-Time
About the Role:
Reporting to the Executive Producer of The Morning Show, you will be responsible for the daily production of a one-hour national morning television program.
- Write and produce on-air content for The Morning Show (National)
- Chase and produce guest segments
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment
- Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements
- Drive market-leading ratings performance through story selection and lineup choices
- Participate in pre- and post-show production meetings
- Ability to multi-task under extremely tight deadlines
- Maximize distribution of content on all platforms
- Perform other duties as required
What We Need From You:
- This position requires an experienced candidate who has proven leadership skills and is comfortable leading, engaging and motivating a high-performance team
- This position requires someone who is comfortable working independently with excellent communication skills
- They must be able to generate innovative content ideas to maintain viewer interest and improve our news programming
- Comfort with making quick decisions, understanding of flow and content choices, and a willingness to break with the format in an often hectic control room environment is a must
- The preferred candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience producing lifestyle content, a proven ability in making editorial decisions, and be an innovator who is adept using of the latest production techniques and up to date on the leading-edge technology used by Global News
- They must be proficient in the use of online and social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- A job-related degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is required
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.