Work Status: Part-time
Global News, Toronto
About the Role:
Would you like to be part of a ground-breaking team that’s reinventing television news? If so, and if you’re full of energy, enthusiasm and creativity, then Global News — the most innovative news organization in the country — would like to talk to you!
We currently have openings for a weekend part-time new producer-editor, based in Toronto and reporting to the Executive Producer of Multi-Market Content. While not all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position are listed, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions of this role:
- Digitally edit video and audio for news, sports, current affairs stories and special programs for broadcast and online platforms;
- Create graphics elements for broadcast including, but not limited to, phoner boards, maps and full frames;
- Liaise with producers about line-ups, scripts, video and audio from various sources;
- Edit with co-operation of newsroom staff and independently in a creative and technically accurate manner;
- Suggest and locate visuals that will enhance overall news content;
- Record and oversee “phoner” interviews;
- Generate effects, manipulate video and graphics provided as permitted on GV edit timeline (blur, pixelate, voice disguise, time lapse, zoom, tile, isolate/highlight footage etc…);
- Use MOSart & MOS placeholder workflows for sending materials to both conventional and/or online destinations;
- Use Xpression templates & keys;
- Use WordPress or other content management system;
- Transfer and store all necessary material for future use;
- Participate in and provide relevant information for daily editorial meetings;
- Perform other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least three years experience with non linear editing systems such as GV Edius Edit Platform
- Previous ENG experience;
- The ability to quickly and creatively edit with minimum supervision;
- Possess a combination of creative and technical skills with hands on abilities in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and After Effects.
- Experience using video content management systems: ThePlatform, Ooyala, Brightcove;
- A university degree or equivalent post-secondary education in a broadcasting related field
- Ability to meet strong quality assurance expectations.
- An amazing, can-do attitude;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple broadcast deadlines;
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Knowledge of and experience with social media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc), and related applications.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.