Producer/Director – Global News Morning
Location: Global Halifax
About the Role:
Are you creative, dynamic and passionate about morning television? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? We have an immediate opening for a Producer/Director with Global News Morning in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Broadcasting to the Maritimes, this live show is packed with news and information, utilizing all platforms. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to join a creative team, we encourage you to apply.
This position reports directly to the Global Maritimes, Station Manager / News Director. The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Direct, organize and lead all planned production of Global News Morning, working collaboratively with on-air and production staff to ensure the best possible viewer experience.
- Lineup and write daily newscasts.
- Work with control room director during live broadcast, taking responsibility for communicating with on-air talent, timing the show, and making editorial decisions.
- Oversee chase producing and booking of daily guest segments.
- Oversee shooting and editing of packaged stories, features and segments.
- Display creativity in the use of production graphics and other visual elements.
- Maximize distribution of content on all platforms.
- Keep current with local/national news and provide leadership on how to cover these events in a morning newscast.
- Perform other duties as required.
What we need from you:
- This position requires a proven leader and multi-tasker who thrives on tight deadlines. You must comfortable working independently and have excellent communication skills.
- You have strong writing and organizational skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- You are able to generate innovative content ideas to maintain viewer interest, drive ratings, and improve our programming.
- You are proficient in the use of online and social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- You have a proven ability to make editorial decisions, and are a known innovator who is adept using the latest production techniques.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Three to five years of experience, plus a job-related degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution is required.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalMaritimesCareers@corusent.com. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.