Payroll Coordinator (12-18 Month Contract)
Division: Corporate People
Work Status: Contract
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Corus is a driving force in the media industry, with a diverse portfolio of incredible brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day. Some of our incredible brands include: Global News, Food Network, Showcase, W Network, HGTV, YTV, Q107, 102.1 the Edge and many more…
Our Ideal Candidate is…. a payroll professional who wishes to join an exciting company within a large Total Rewards team where they can learn and contribute to the business through supporting dedicated client groups
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Payroll & HR Systems the contract Payroll Coordinator will provide day-to-day payroll support while also participating in our exciting Ceridian Dayforce HCM system implementation taking place in July 2019.
What We Need From You:
- Processes non-union and union semi-monthly payrolls for various locations including new hires, job/salary/personal changes, transfers, benefits and leaves of absence, taxable benefits, garnishments, miscellaneous entries, and terminations
- Ensures payroll and benefits are administered accurately as per our carrier and union contracts, performing daily audit checks of all incoming/outgoing transactions, ensure accuracy of on-line data
- Validates, processes, uploads and balances timesheets submitted manually via Excel
- Previews payroll transactions/timecard entries to ensure accurate payment for each payroll run
- Calculates retroactive pay, disability, and other adjustments as required
- Handles stop payments and manual cheque calculations/request forms ensuring to apply learnings to prevent reoccurrence
- Calculates over payments, creates letters where needed, follows up with associated parties and updates overpayments log
- Monitors, actions and responds to personal and centralized email boxes for assigned client groups on a regular and timely basis in a professional and courteous manner ensuring to bring forward ideas for updating process communications for common questions
- Researches and responds to all payroll inquiries from internal sources and departments according to Corus policies and standards
- Files all payroll documentation on a daily basis in online employee filing system rigorously ensuring that all recordkeeping is maintained on an up-to-date basis for compliance and internal controls auditing
- Creates Records of Employment (ROE’s) for submission to Service Canada
- Provides support to Payroll Supervisor and Sr. Manager, Payroll as assigned
- Provides support to HCM implementation team as assigned (e.g. parallel payroll processing, documentation)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce HCM payroll and other modules (e.g. benefits, HR administration) is required.
- 2-4 years’ experience processing payroll in complex multi-union environment interpreting payroll documentation against collective agreements on a regular basis
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation (e.g. overtime, statutory holiday pay) in both full time and continuous operation
- Additional experience with Ceridian Payflex payroll experience is a definite asset.
- Strong knowledge of HR systems and various software programs an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Excel for managing spreadsheet and applying formulas and other functions.
- Technically savvy with strong analytical skills.
- Support assigned client groups through understanding their unique business needs
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills as well as a team player.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution.
- Exceptional time management, flexibility and multi-tasking skills.
- Ensure confidentiality and maintain integrity of the department.
- Obtained/working towards Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) designation is an asset.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 22, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.