Are you looking to take your radio career to the next level?
If you are passionate about communicating with your audience both on-air and online Magic 106 in Guelph (a Corus Radio station) has a great opportunity for you! We are looking for our next rising star in a weekend/swing announcer role. If you understand how to be authentic, local, want to connect with the community and are looking for an opportunity to grow and be part of a great team, rush your best stuff to me YESTERDAY!
PT Swing Announcer
Work Status: Regular Part-Time
About the Role:
Reporting to the Program Director, you will be responsible for planning and preparing an engaging weekend on-air shift each week targeting adults 25-54, plus fill in shifts to cover for vacation; live on location remote broadcasts as needed and other special event appearances. We are really looking for someone who is ready to be a Jack/Jill of all trades and is ready to do whatever it takes to build their career!
- Prepare and present a relevant, entertaining and engaging regular Saturday & Sunday shift both on-air and online
- Participation in regular air check sessions as scheduled by Program Director
- Participation in weekly content meetings
- Cover vacation for full time on-air staff/Voice tracking as needed
- Host remote live-on-location broadcasts as scheduled
- Attendance at other community & special events
- Assist the Promotions Coordinator
What We Need From You:
- 1-2 years’ experience in an on-air/promotions role
- Full, unrestricted Class ‘G’ driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Social Media Savvy, with an understanding of how to take your show from the studio to online
- Experience with Mediatouch/Vox Pro/Musicmaster/Pro-Tools would be a plus!
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- You are a team-player with a can-do attitude
- You are as great in the halls as you are on the mic, we want you to be real on and off the air!
- You’ve got a solid understanding of the music and lifestyle of a 35 year old female
- You understand that “Our Community First” is more than just a slogan.
How to Apply:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume with a cover letter and a recent air check (we want to hear you… no ‘best of’ scopes, please!) to email@example.com by May 10th, 2019!
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.