Imagine a world where you are connected to millions of people. Where being connected means bringing breaking news directly to the public every day. Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity at Globalnews.ca/Montreal. If you have a passion for journalism and a desire to work in an exciting fast paced environment, we encourage you to apply.
Job ID: X10050GM-A
Division: Global News
Work Status: Full-time
About the Role
Global Montreal is currently seeking a full-time Online Website Producer to join its dynamic team. This position reports directly to the News Director, Global Montreal.
As Online Website Producer, the following is an outline of some but not all of the primary functions and responsibilities for this position:
- Plan and create compelling and original multi-media web content, including breaking news, long-form written features, photo- and video-based features, and interactive features for the Global Montreal website.
- Make complicated stories relevant to wider audiences.
- Repurpose wire copy (CP and otherwise) for search engine optimization.
- Engage audiences through various social media platforms.
- Assist in the management of the day-to-day maintenance and development of Global Montreal’s website.
- Ensure breaking news and appropriate content is presented in a creative and timely manner to increase web viewership and help promote the TV newscasts.
- Write and edit copy from television scripts, edit and post video, work with producers and anchors to creative an interactive environment (including blogs) and help build a rapport with viewers and website users.
- Liaise with various digital and broadcast teams, including web producers, news directors, producers, assignment editors, anchors, reporters and other news professionals, to facilitate the creation of unique online content.
- Utilize specific digitial journalism tools: content management system (WordPress), wire news service interface (ENPS), social media curation (Storify, Hootesuite), interactive polling software (Polldaddy), liveblogging tools (Scribblelive), web analytics (Chartbeat), photo databases (Getty, CP)., Edius editing software.
- Stay informed of local, national and international news.
What We Need From You:
- An expertise in and passion for online journalism.
- College or university degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in Journalism, New Media, or Communications.
- Three years experience in developing online content.
- Excellent writing, copy editing and substantive editing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of digital production techniques, including online information architecture, digital project management, video encoding and distribution, and organic story creation.
- Diverse content experience across multiple verticals and formats, including digital video, text articles, blogs, social media tools, digital photos.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience working with several internal and external stakeholders on various projects.
- Experience working in broadcast news, and in a digital newsroom environment, is an asset.
- Bilingual, English and French.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Enthusiasm and passion for all forms of news – everything from international events to politics, pop culture, sports and business – with an emphasis on local news, as well as a keen interest in technology and digital media.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalMontrealCareers@corusent.com by March 2, 2018. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted