Corus is a driving force in the media industry, with a diverse portfolio of incredible brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
The Global TV Online Coordinator is an integral part of a team that puts Canada’s hottest television properties online.
Online Coordinator, Global TV
Work Status: Full-Time
About the Role
Reporting to Digital Manager, Global TV, the Online Coordinator will be responsible for the production of daily show-related digital content for Global TV’s Entertainment programming portfolio; Corus Entertainment’s preeminent network brand. The Coordinator will create compelling web and cross-media content, including text-based, video, and interactive online features. The Coordinator will also be expected to assist in product development, reaching brand-specific traffic goals, increasing user engagement and building/maintaining relationships with a variety of key internal stakeholders. Design, build, support and enhance business intelligence reporting and dashboards with key business performance metrics and actionable insights.
- Gain deep familiarity with assigned portfolio of Global programming, in order to create a robust content offering and fan experience for assigned shows.
- Participate in content creation and/or migration of repurposed content
- Work closely with Online Leads to gather elements and acquire approvals.
- Work closely with Online Leads, Marketing team members, Video team members Web Designers to develop and deliver online content.
- Edit, fact-check and QA show-related content
- Perform day-to-day maintenance and related website development of large-scale websites, and iOS and Android apps
- Work with content providers and external agencies to ensure incoming and outgoing content is in proper formats (text copy, images, logos, videos, audio, etc). Verify the approved content, conduct testing as required.
- Perform regular QA analyses of web and app content
- Work closely with the Scheduling and Rights Management teams to ensure that all video content posted online adheres to licensing obligations.
- Assist in analyzing Web statistics from Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, and customer feedback, and initiating a proactive response to issues and concerns.
- Advocate optimum user experience, providing feedback to the Online Leads and Marketing Coordinators to ensure usability issues are addressed.
- Work with Online Leads to ensure resources and tasks required to facilitate smooth implementation of content and changes meet all timelines.
- Assist in publishing content via Ektron CMS, MPX The Platform, and WordPress.
- Ensure that all content meets Brand and graphic standards.
- Various other duties as required
- Content management experience on corporate/commercial Websites, including proofing, editing and writing technical and creative copy, and publishing content.
- Familiarity with one or more content management systems, such as MPX ThePlatform and Ektron, or similar.
- Knowledge of current consumer trends related to Web technologies.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Canadian TV landscape
- Experience with Adobe PhotoShop an asset
- Experience with web analytics an asset
- Effective time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple assignments effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- A positive attitude and customer-focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to and include “Online Coordinator, Global TV“ in the subject line of the email to: Careers@corusent.com by September 13, 2016.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.