News Content Creator/Producer
Work Status: Full-time
Location: Toronto, ON
About the Role:
Would you like to be part of a ground-breaking team that’s reinventing television news? If so, and if you’re full of energy, enthusiasm and creativity, then Global News — the most innovative news organization in the country — would like to talk to you.
We currently have openings for full-time content creator-producers, based in Toronto and reporting to the Executive Producer of Multi-Market Content. While not all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position are listed, the following is a paraphrase of the primary functions of this role:
- Organize and lead all planned editorial and multi-media production requirements for local and affiliate newscasts;
- Edit and package news items;
- Work with affiliates to co-ordinate news coverage and resources;
- Script elements for broadcast and online;
- Use non linear editing systems such as GV Edius Edit Platform;
- Use MOSart & MOS placeholder workflows for sending materials to both conventional and/or online destinations;
- Use Xpression templates & keys;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Hours of Work: varied, including possible Saturday and Sunday responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- University or college degree in broadcast journalism or related field;
- Four (4) years experience in an editorial position in a major television news market;
- Highly organized, self motivated and creative;
- Strong news judgment and news writing skills;
- Experience using WordPress or other content management system;
- Experience using video content management systems: ThePlatform, Ooyala, Brightcove;
- An amazing, can-do attitude;
- Diverse background in national news considered an asset;
- Life experience in, and knowledge of, various Canadian regions considered an asset;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain creativity in a high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment;
- Ability to handle the demands and pressure of multiple broadcast deadlines;
- Ability to work well in a team setting;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, social media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc), and related applications.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to GlobalTorontoCareers@corusent.com by January 18 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.