Work Status: Part Time
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
About the Role:
Are you a creative, curious person who is passionate about the news? Do you enjoy working on a dynamic team of people committed to serving the community with information and conversation? Global News Radio – 680 CJOB has an exciting opportunity for a part-time news anchor in our Winnipeg location.
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the successful candidate will be responsible for compiling and presenting news, sports and weather on multiple Corus platforms in Winnipeg.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Accurately and clearly deliver news, weather and sports content on-air
- Generate original and relevant story ideas
- Write and post online news content for cjob.com, globalnews.ca suite of websites
- Write and produce radio news stories on tight deadlines
- Quickly turn content from talk shows around to use as news content when appropriate
- Share online content on social media platforms
- Execute all technical aspects of an on-air broadcast, including operation of board, Mediatouch, and preparation of production elements
- Embrace and demonstrate Corus Entertainment’s five values
- Available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as required.
What We Need From You:
- The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism/Broadcasting or equivalent experience
- Experienced journalist capable of reporting and anchoring daily news
- Strong writing and storytelling skills on both radio and online
- Production and technical skills, ability to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to work independently, be accountable to the team and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to meet strict short deadlines and work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of new media tools and technologies (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc)
- Familiarity with WordPress and CP style an asset
- Familiarity with iMedia Touch an asset
If you have the following… We want to hear from you!
- Passion for broadcast and online journalism and Canadian affairs.
- A positive attitude, a love for collaboration and are a team player.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- Motivated, self-starter, independent, results oriented and professional.
How to Apply:
Pride Month is a time to celebrate. The parties and parades are a joyous celebration of life. LGBTQ+ people, friends, families, allies – coming together in a show of community solidarity and strength. Pride Month is also a time to commit. To listen when LGBTQ+ people say there are still problems. People who are afraid, marginalized, or have experienced harm. We know that there are barriers that still exist, and work still to be done. We Celebrate. We Commit. We are LGTBQ+ proud.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by June 19, 2018 to:
Please clearly identify the job title in the subject line.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.